Terms and conditions – Membership EWA network
These terms and conditions ("Terms") between you and EWA Network of 11 rue Charles Bergman, Strasbourg, France apply to your annual membership of EWA network, to your application for Membership, and to your use of benefits provided by EWA network.
- By submitting an application for Membership, you accept these Terms.
- Membership is personal to you and only one Membership is permitted per person.
- Membership is open to any woman aged 18 or over, at a cost of €50 per year ("the Fee").
- Your Membership shall commence on the date that you are notified by EWA network that it has accepted you as a Member and shall continue for a period of one year.
- We aim to process your Membership application within seven working days of receipt of your application.
- When considering your application for Membership, EWA Network shall take into account your audiovisual career as shown by your cv/filmography.
- Your acceptance as a Member is at EWA's sole discretion, and will be based on the details you submit with your application and your cv/filmography. We reserve the right to refuse your application for Membership:
a) in the event that you fail to comply with these Terms; or
b) if, upon review of your cv/filmography by our team, we decide you are not eligible, taking into account the Membership Criteria. Our decision on this is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that your application for Membership is refused, the Fee will be refunded to you within thirty working days of us notifying you of the membership refusal.
- We reserve the right to terminate your Membership, by immediate written notice to you, without refund of the Fee, in the event that:
a) you breach any of these Terms; or
b) you commit any act which in EWA network's reasonable opinion is inconsistent with your continued association with EWA Network or which may directly or indirectly have an adverse effect upon the reputation of the EWA Network or any of its associated entities.
- You may cancel your Membership at any time by written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org in which event your Profile will be removed. However, the Fee is non-refundable once your Membership has been accepted.
- If your Membership is accepted, in consideration of the Fee EWA network shall provide you with the following Benefits:
a) a profile, with photo ("Profile"), featured on the members’ login section;
b) other benefits of the members’ login section.
- Once your Profile is on the site you will be able to request changes by emailing email@example.com with all changes requested and any new biography text. Changes may take up to seven working days to be processed. You may request no more than four changes throughout the course of the Membership year. Notwithstanding this, if any information in your Profile is or becomes incorrect or misleading, you shall notify us immediately.
- The above Benefits cannot be exchanged or transferred by you. You must pay all other costs associated and not specifically included with the above Benefits, including travel and accommodation costs. We retain the right to substitute any Benefit with another similar Benefit or amend the Benefits in the event that the original Benefits offered are not available.
- By purchasing Membership you give EWA network:
a) Permission for your Profile to be published on www.ewawomen.com and grant EWA network a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable licence to publish, edit, adapt, copy, display, broadcast and make available your Profile, in any format including electronic and hard copy, for purposes connected with the EWA network site and its promotion; and you recognise that EWA network may edit your biography for layout and editorial reasons; and
b) The right to use your name, photo and town or city of residence for the purpose of identifying you as the author of your Profile and promoting your Membership.
- You warrant that all text and photographs submitted as part of your Membership, including those contained in your Profile a) are true and correct and relate to/feature you alone, and do not amount to an impersonation of any other person; b) are your own work, not copied, do not contain any confidential information, and do not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, c) are not obscene, defamatory, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading, and d) are not in breach of any third party rights (including the right of privacy and any confidentiality obligations) or any applicable legislation or regulations. You confirm that you have the right to purchase an Executive Membership and to provide the consents and licences in paragraph 15 above, and have obtained all necessary consents, permissions and authorisations for you to do so. If we have reason to believe your Executive Membership breaches this paragraph 16, then we may cancel it under paragraph 10.
- EWA Network hereby excludes all liability for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of your submission of incorrect or misleading information to it. EWA Network does not warrant that the publication of your Profile will be uninterrupted or error free, and does not accept any responsibility for any act or omission beyond its reasonable control.
- Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms, the aggregate liability of EWA network to you under or in connection with these Terms, whether arising from contract, negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the Fee and EWA network shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special loss and/or loss of profits, pain and suffering or emotional distress arising out of or in connection with the Membership. Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude either party's liability arising from death or injury to persons, or any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- These Terms represent the entire terms agreed between the parties in relation to its subject matter. If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable, or if such modification is not possible, shall be deemed deleted. Any such modification or deletion shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms. No waiver of any breach arising under these Terms shall constitute a waiver of any other breach and no failure to exercise any remedy shall constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French law. The French courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms.
If you have any questions about Membership please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Membership" in the subject line.