5th Edition of the EWA Network's Mentoring Programme
The EWA Network’s Producers’ Mentoring Scheme is a career enhancement programme for female independent audiovisual producers. Launched for the first time in 2018, it has enabled participants to upgrade their core professional skills in areas such as financing, negotiating, management and business development.
It is aimed at female producers established in Europe, with at least five years of proven experience os in audiovisual production and who are motivated to take the next step in their producing careers, enhance their skills and knowledge, and cement their position in the European screen industries
The mentoring scheme is an exclusive programme specifically aimed at women producers who have already experience at national level and wish to evolve further to a European/ international dimension.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications by September 3rd
"The meetings are the starting point to build a fantastic relationship with other producers and when you need some advice, the whole group is at your back!” Anna
HOW DOES THE PROGRAMME WORK?
The 2023-2024 programme will run for 8 months and will consist of two on-site group meetings in the context of European Film markets, in addition to the monthly meetings with the assigned mentor. Moreover, there will be two additional seminars with experts, follow-up online group meetings and two unofficial mid-term gatherings in Berlin and Cannes.
In addition, participants - mentees and mentors - will have two mandatory online meeting. The purpose of these sessions is to link updated know-how from the expert sessions to the specific exchanges between mentors and mentees, and to strengthen the capacity of all participants to adapt to new business practices, such as alternative financing models, digital distribution strategies and issues related to green shooting.
"It was incredible to meet in person, to learn and to spend some time with producers whose films I admire so much." Silvana
"It's not a lab, it's about your career, and that was a bit shocking but groundbreaking. It pushed me to think bigger." Anna
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Two gatherings on-site as described previously. EWA Network, in partnership with the hosting markets will cover the accommodation, the accreditation to these two markets and meals during both on-site meetings.
- The programme facilitates the creation of a strong network among participants and their connection to the international audiovisual industry at large: the mentees integrate a growing community of professionals who share their experience and provide each other with mutual support, contributing to greater equality of gender in the audiovisual industry, and higher expertise of female producers
- A strategic growth of your skills as a producer and most likely a strategic and business development of your company.
- Online seminars with audiovisual experts to advise in these times of transformation of the audiovisual industry
- Informal gatherings in Cannes and Berlin. The mentees can also take part in the side activities that are organised by EWA Network, such as round tables, lectures and exchanges around shifts in the industry and the challenges faced by female professionals
- Enjoy the programming and networking activities at EWA Network
In case of COVID or Force majeure disruptions, online meetings might be explored.
The fee to enroll in the 5th EWA Network’s Mentoring Programme for Emerging Women Producers is €1000.
"I learned a lot from my mentor and wanted to thank her for the sharing of her knowledge and coaching. It made my life and emotional world better!”
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Women producers established in Europe (larger Europe, 46 Council of Europe countries) having a proven experience of aprox five years in film production department and having produced (delegate and executive producer are accepted) at least one long feature film (fiction or documentary) already distributed (theatrically, TV, or wide festival trajectory)
- Producers who are motivated to grow professionally, acquire new skills (financial, managerial, negotiation) and evolve in a European environment and/or have a business growing plan.
- You must be a member of EWA Network and fluent in English.
*If you are not a member of EWANetwork yet, and you are a professional in the Adiovisual sector, you can join us here
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to EWA’s mentoring scheme for emerging producers, please send us following documents through the following APPLICATION form by SEPTEMBER 3:
- Bio and CV in English
- Copy of a valid ID/Passport
Proof of your experience as a producer. Provide evidence of the release of at least one feature film (fiction or documentary) already distributed (theatrically, TV, or wide festival trajectory) with links to films or shows.
- Motivation video pitch of maximum 3 minutes explaining why you wish to take part in the mentoring programme and what you expect to gain, which skills and competences you wish to develop/improve. Why is this programme important for you and your career at this moment in time?
- Description of the projects on which you are currently working (maximum 3.000 characters);
- Describe Where you see yourself/ your company in the next 5 years.
WHO IS INVOLVED IN THE PROGRAMME? THE PRODUCERS
EWA Network counts on a pool of experienced women producers who have a successful track record winning the top international prizes and leading the best practices of European film and TV production. EWA Network mentors have a successful business background to understand what it is to succeed as a producer.
Also, several consultants will bring their expertise in the online seminars and in the on-site meetings to kick off and close the programme.
The mentees will be selected on the basis of their motivation and professional growth potential, with particular interest in including filmmakers from countries with limited access to this kind of schemes.
After the selection committee has revised the applications, selected candidates will have an in-depth interview and the accepted applicants will be notified by the end of September. The match-making with the senior producers will be made after the mentee-to-be has confirmed her enrollment in the programme.
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to write to us at email@example.com
NEED SOME OPINIONS?