4th Edition of the EWA Network's Mentoring Programme
The EWA Network’s Producers’ Mentoring Scheme proposes a career enhancement programme for 16 female independent audiovisual producers. Launched in 2018, it allows mentees to upgrade the core skills and competencies needed in their profession such as financing, negotiating, management and business development. It is aimed at female producers established in Europe, with a proven experience of at least five years in audiovisual production and who are motivated to grow professionally, acquire new skills and evolve in the European audiovisual industry.
The mentoring scheme is an exclusive programme specifically aimed at women producers who have already experience at the national level and wish to evolve further to a European/international dimension.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications by FEBRUARY 8th
"The meetings are the starting point to build a fantastic relationship with other producers and when you need some advice, the whole group is at your back!” Anna
HOW DOES THE PROGRAMME WORK?
The programme runs for 11 months and consists of several physical group meetings in the context of European Film markets,in addition to the monthly conversation with the assigned mentor. Moreover, there will be three additional seminars with experts, follow-up online group meetings and two mid-term gatherings in Cannes and Venice.
A maximum number of 16 mentees will be selected.
"It was incredible to meet in person, to learn and to spend some time with producers whose films I admire so much." Silvana
"It's not a lab, it's about your career, and that was a bit shocking but groundbreaking. It pushed me to think bigger." Anna
THE OFFER: WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Two gatherings on-site as described previously. EWA Network, in partnership with the hosting markets, will cover the travel (from/to any European city), the accommodation, the accreditation to these two markets and meals during both on-site meetings.*
- The programme facilitates the creation of a strong network among participants and their connection to the international audiovisual industry at large: the mentees integrate a growing community of professionals who share their experience and provide each other with mutual support, contributing to greater equality of gender in the audiovisual industry, and higher expertise of female producers
- A strategic growth of your skills as a producer and most likely a strategic and business development of your company.
- Online seminars with audiovisual experts to advise in these times of transformation of the audiovisual industry
- Informal gatherings in Cannes and Venice. The mentees can also take part in the side activities that are organised by EWA Network, such as round tables, lectures and exchanges around shifts in the industry and the challenges faced by female professionals
- Additional Online Networking and accreditation to other Film markets.
- EWA Network’s individual membership for the year 2022
The fee to enroll in the 4th EWA Network’s Mentoring Programme for Emerging Women Producers is €1000.
EWA Network will provide two scholarships. If you want to apply for a bursary, please, send in a letter indicating why.
"I learned a lot from my mentor and wanted to thank her for the sharing of her knowledge and coaching. It made my life and emotional world better!”
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Women producers established in Europe (larger Europe, 47 Council of Europe countries) having a proven experience of aprox five years in film production department and having produced (delegate and executive producer are accepted) at least one long feature film (fiction or documentary) already distributed (theatrically, TV, or wide festival trajectory)
- Who are motivated to grow professionally, acquire new skills (financial, managerial, negotiation) and evolve in a European environment and/or have a business growing plan.
- Who are fluent in English
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to EWA’s mentoring scheme for emerging producers, please send us following documents through the following form by FEBRUARY 8th:
- CV in English
- Copy of a valid ID
- Proof of your experience as a producer. Provide evidence of the production of at least one feature film (fiction or documentary) already distributed (theatrically, TV, or wide festival trajectory) with links to films or shows.
- Motivation letter of maximum 500 words explaining why you wish to take part of a mentoring programme and which skills and competences you wish to develop/improve;
- Description of the projects on which you are currently working (maximum 5.000 characters);
- Business development plan (only applicable if the producer is a company owner) or career orientation plan - this element is not compulsory but strongly recommended.
- If you would like to receive one of the two available bursaries please write us a motivation letter and reasons why you deserve this scholarship.
The mentees will be selected on the basis of their motivation and professional growth potential, with particular interest in including filmmakers from countries with limited access to this kind of schemes.
After the selection committee has revised the applications, selected candidates will have an in-depth interview and the accepted applicants will be notified by the end of February. The match-making with the senior producers will be made after the mentee-to-be has confirmed her enrollment in the programme.
EWA Network will allocate two scholarships for participants in need.
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(*)Please note that due to the COVID-19 restrictions, the programme might be changed by force majeure to adapt its agenda. The on-site gatherings might be partially or completely held online, in case of emergency and so may be the group meetings.
WHO IS INVOLVED IN THE PROGRAMME?
EWA Network counts on a pool of experienced women producers who have a successful track record winning the top international prizes and leading the best practices of European film and TV production. EWA Network mentors have a successful business background to understand what it is to succeed as a producer.
Also, several consultants will bring their expertise in the online seminars and in the on-site meetings to kick off and close the programme