- National Symposium, London, Birkbeck College, UK - 28/4/16;
- Conference with Directors UK at Cannes film festival - 14/5/16;
- Panel event during Women in Motion talks, Cannes film festival – 18/5/16
- Conference at Pula film festival, Croatia - 10/7/16 (date tbc)
- National symposium at Sciences Po, Paris - Sept/Oct 2016 (date tbc)
- Conference at Rome Film Festival, Italy - October 2016
Whilst the study was organised and managed by the European Women’s Audiovisual (EWA) Network it was carried out with the support and collaboration of many institutions, including:the Austrian Film Institute, the Croatian Audiovisual Centre, CNC (France), the University of Rostock, Birkbeck College (University of London), Centre d’histoire culturelle des societies contemporaines (CHCSC – Université de Versailles/Université Paris-Saclay), Direzione Generale Cinema/MIBACT (Italy), Swedish Film Institute, Creative Skillset (UK) and the Centre for Regional, Economic and Social Research, Sheffield Hallam University and the British Film Institute.
We are also now offering a range of research consulting services on gender, and will be looking to develop our EWA Research database so that gender in film in Europe can be established to share information from all countries, not only thse involved in the study.
On an ongoing basis EWA will share downloadable resources from a wide range of other organisations carrying out data research on gender, including FIA, SFI, BFI, Nordicom and Creative Skillset, UK to name but a few. As soon as these documents are published they will be shared in EWA’s research section below.
- skillset - Census final report
- Survey skillset 2010
- FIA - engendering report
- Swedish film institute report for 2012
- Gender monitoring policy at the Swedish Film Institute
- CSA report
- Directors UK report - WOMEN DIRECTORS - Who is calling the shots?
- Beyond the Habitual: Studying the gender balance in the Nordic films